Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: ACC Going Nuts today

  1. #41
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVFAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You keep moving back and forth between the past and the present. Who really knows what the hell you are even talking about? I don't think the PAC Ten is terrible, I do think the ACC is better and I think the numbers past, today, and the future will support that. </div></div>

    I never even mentioned the acc. You started looking up stats and started telling me they were better and I never even asked. All I said was the pac ten isnt a bad conference and have had pretty decent tournamant success in the past. You went wayyy overboard on this one.

  2. #42
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buck73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why just go by the final four though? Theres alot of great teams that dont make the final four. 1996 Kansas didnt make the elite 8 and they would blow any team in the nation away the last 2-3 years. When did I compare the two conferences in the tournament anyway? I just said, the pac 10 has represented well in the tournament. Did I say, hey look at all of those final fours? <span style="color: #FF6666">And when do years past mean anything if we are talking about this year.</div></div></span>


    Isn't this a little hypocritical......when we're talking about VT being good in football, the argument about no national championships vs Miami's many national championships comes up.

    I don't like to live in the past though...if a team is good at the present, then a person has a reason to brag.

    By the way, I like both VT and Miami....Miami had the best team in the history of college football a few years ago but VT has the upper hand right now (this will probably change in a couple of years with Miami having the upper hand again and probably winning a few more national titles).

    Liking both teams, I'll root for the ACC conference...it's just a pride thing.</div></div>

    wtf, now we have a football thread. The original post was pertaining to this season, not previous seasons before someone failed their SOL on reading comprehension. After that, pvfan created an argument between he and himself. He was somehow arguing/debating with me even though I had no point of view or arguement to be made.

  3. #43
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    I hate Ed and Charles O'bannon and Miles Simon, equally if that helps this debate.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  4. #44
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    back to the topic at hand...

    i think Clemson just punched their ticket

    so right now:

    In the Dance - UNC, Duke, Clemson
    On the bubble - VT, Maryland, Miami, Wake Forest

    IMO the ACC will get 5, and I think Miami gets in with one more win...so VT, Maryland and Wake will battle for one spot

    if a bunch of other conference's teams on the bubble lose and Maryland and VT win out, then the ACC could possibly get 6, but a lot would have to happen IMO
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #45
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    In all seriousness they'll still get in if they win the next two. That game at UVA wont be no joke though with it being SS's senior day.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    MD has 2 left?

    i thought they were 8-7?
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  7. #47
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    I'm counting the first game of the ACC Tournament. Just bought some ACC Tournament Tickets off some VT booster, comes with a complimentary breakfast where you meet Greenberg. I'm sure that will go over as well as my meeting with Frank Beamer.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #48
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    probably worse...Coach Greenberg can be pretty cold...and with the troubles recently with Maryland, if you're wearing your Maryland gear I'd say if you get a handshake out of him you're gettin off easy
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  9. #49
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    I'll be decked out in Terp gear, and I'm prepared to be a smartass back to him. I really don't wanna go to it, but if we end up going I'll just be nice and if he says something about Maryland I'll be ready to go. haha In other news Mega is sports God, Arizona is God, Devin Hester is better than some form of Deion Sanders/Darrell Green thrown into one, and Barry Bonds without juice is a better hitter than Ted Williams. Don't believe me just ask him, but don't disagree or respond to his thread. Instead of actually responding and discussing it with you he'll just disregard any sensible comment with some smart ass remark.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #50
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: ACC Going Nuts today

    dd, you really are going way overboard on that.

    i dont remember anyone saying the pac10 was better than the acc.



    and i find it kinda funny that you talk about mega bein a sports god.


    hmmm

    pot, kettle thingy? haha

    im like that too
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •